15+ years delivering go-to-market plans, thought leadership, product awareness and trial and adoption, sales growth, and customer retention. Extensive startup history. Headed marketing at seven startups (fiveSaaS). Two exits by acquisition. Combine corporate (SMB and enterprise) and agency (marketing/PR) experience.
Results I typically produce as an employee or contractor:
• Create marketing programs: devise (and implement) go-to-market strategies
• Develop branding and messaging: iterate positioning into something really compelling
• Product marketing: lifecycle planning, product evangelism and customer success marketing
• Demand generation: identify sales opportunities and generate leads
• Business development: research and pursue partnership opportunities
• Partner marketing and channel sales: figure out who can help us sell and get them excited
• Optimize revenue: get customers, upsell them, and reduce churn while maximizing lifetime and renewal values
• Improve customer service: define processes, create support documentation and streamline on-boarding workflow
• Sales enablement and support: produce whatever the sales force needs to succeed
Some of the industries I’ve worked in:
CAD/CAM and engineering software, CPG, ecommerce/SEO and online marketing technology, Ed Tech and HR Tech, knowledge management, legal software, transportation/supply chain management and IT security.
Companies I’ve worked with or for:
McAfee, ScanAlert, Attracta, IPfolio/Unycom Gmbh, Docurated, SiteApps.com, Nextopia Software, SmartTurn, FastPivot, Art + Farm Wine, Bravo! Marketing, NIKA Gmbh, DIVISION, PeerPC, McGrath Power PR, Chirrpy, 1250 Media, and Greenhaus Day Spa